Ranunculus abortivus, our local Buttercup. Buttercups are usually considered not edible. In fact, I think they were the first plant I learned not to eat when I was just a few years old. Of the 2,252 species in the family and some 600 buttercups in the genus perhaps a dozen and a half squeak into the edible realm.Click to see full answer. In this way, are Ranunculus poisonous to humans?All parts of a buttercup are poisonous for cattle and humans. Signs of intoxication appear immediately after ingestion of the plant. They include bloody diarrhea, excessive salivation, colic and blistering of the intestines. This belief is false since cows avoid buttercups due to high toxicity of these plants.Subsequently, question is, what happens if you eat flowers? Both may have been treated with pesticide or herbicide, and roadside flowers may be polluted by car exhaust. Eat only the petals, and remove pistils and stamens before eating. If you suffer from allergies, introduce edible flowers gradually, as they may exacerbate allergies. Then, is it safe to eat flowers? Flower power: 9 flowers you can eat. Roses, violets, daisies and nasturtiums are not only delightful to look at – they are edible. Their petals and blossoms give salads and desserts, smoothies, syrups and teas a unique and special flavor.What flowers are edible for humans?Edible flowers include citrus blossom, clover, daisies, dandelions, hibiscus, honeysuckle, lavender, lilac, mums, nasturtium, pansies, roses, sunflowers and violets, among others.