Intro American record producer
From United States of America
Birth 30 March 1989, St. Louis
Age: 31 years
Mick Schultz is an American music producer and songwriter. His most notable accomplishments to date include the production of Jeremih’s debut and second albums, including the platinum hits “Birthday Sex”, “Down On Me”, and “Don’t Tell Em”. As well as the platinum hit “Replay” by Zendaya. He has also produced for artists such as Rihanna, SoMo, Jenna Andrews, and Jessie James.
Table of Contents
– Early life
Schultz was born on March 30, 1989, in St. Louis, Missouri. He is the only child of Steve Schultz and Lynn Schultz. Schultz, a classically trained pianist, showed musical abilities at a very young age and began deejaying local parties at the age of 10. He went on to produce for local acts in and around St. Louis before completing high school. After graduating from Parkway Central High School in 2007, Schultz enrolled in Columbia College, a performing arts school in Chicago, Illinois. Following a chance meeting with fellow student, and then unknown, Jeremih, he began his career in the music industry.
Schultz and Jeremih wrote and recorded one song together shortly after meeting in 2008. Schultz immediately began walking the music in to local radio, where he met his manager, Luis Duran. Encouraged by positive response, the duo immediately set out to compile what would become Jeremih’s debut album.
In late 2008, Schultz went on to launch his own production company, Mick Schultz Productions, to which he immediately signed Jeremih as his first artist. After receiving a tremendous amount of airplay on their song ‘”Birthday Sex”, offers started coming in from all the major record labels. Jeremih was promptly signed to Def Jam Records. In 2009, Schultz was signed to a publishing deal with Universal Music Publishing.
In 2010, Schultz and Jeremih teamed up again to produce the artist’s sophomore release, All About You. As with Jeremih’s debut album, Schultz is once again the sole producer on the album, which features such hits as “I Like” featuring Ludacris and “Down On Me” featuring 50 Cent. Schultz continues to produce and write for various artists.
In early 2013 Schultz collaborated with Zendaya to co-produce her debut single “Replay” off her self-titled album. The song reached #40 in the Billboard singles chart. Schultz also produced an album for Republic Records artist SoMo mid-2013. They recorded the album in Schultz’s Malibu studio. The album will be released April 8, 2014 through Universal Republic.
In mid 2014 Schultz produced the double platinum selling single “Don’t Tell Em” by Jeremih Feat. YG.
Schultz produced Rihanna’s “Desperado” off her 2016 album entitled ANTI.
– Rihanna – ANTI (2016)
– Jeremih – Late Nights: The Album (2015)
– Keith James – Funk Christmas, Pt. 1 (2015)
– SoMo – SoMo (2014)
– Zendaya – Zendaya (2013)
– Jeremih – All About You (2010)
– Jeremih – Jeremih (2009)
– “How The Beatles (Sorta) Inspired ‘Paradise’ On Jeremih’s ‘Late Nights: The Album‘“. Billboard. Retrieved 2016-10-17.
– 2015 iHeart Radio Music Awards Best Hip-Hop & R&B Song of the year for “Don’t Tell Em” by Jeremih
– 2010 29th Annual Chicago Music Awards Record Producer of the Year
– 2009 Billboard #1 Hot R&B/Hip-Pop AirPlay “Birthday Sex”
– 2009 Billboard #1 Hot R&B/Hip-Pop Songs “Birthday Sex”
– “Did Jeremih Just Rob Beyonce Of The iHeartRadio Award For Hip-Hop/R&B Song Of The Year?”.
– “Martin Interculture, official website”. 2011-07-14. Retrieved 2016-10-17.
– Jeremih chart (Billboard).
– “Top Hip-Hop Songs / R&B Songs Chart – Billboard”.