Some facts about the youngest active female physician in SA
Dr Thakgalo Thibela a 21-year-old is confirmed the youngest active female doctor in South Africa.
The spokesperson of the Health Practice Council of SA (HPCSA), Priscilla Sekhonyana confirmed the news on the IN Register.
- Thakgalo is from the village of Violent Bank near Bushbukridge in Mpumalanga.
- She started primary school at age 6, at Farel Primary School, and she topped from Grade 1-6.
- She skipped Grade 7 to Lehlasedi high school, where she got promoted to grade 10.
- She finished high school with 7 distinctions at the age of 15.
- Thibela was awarded a bursary from the industrial Development Corporation(DC).
- The Doctor got admitted to Wits University at age 16. She enrolled for a 6 year degree in the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery(MBBCH).
- Her academic excellence earned her the Golden Key International membership; a recognition fort students performing well academically in Universities globally.
- Dr. Thakgalo is currently doing her practical experiential learning at Helen Joseph hospital in Auckland Park, Johannesburg.